Providing Shockwave Therapy in Hampon Hill, Shockwave Therapy in Feltham and the surounding area.
Shockwave therapy, also known as Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT), is a clinically proven treatment for chronic pain in the musculoskeletal system. Extracorporeal shockwaves have been used to treat chronic pain for over 25 years.
Shockwave therapy describes this non-evasive, non-electrical high energy sound wave that passes through the body via a hand-held probe. The shock waves produce an increase in blood circulation to the target area and will break down fibrous scar tissue which builds up over time, especially with chronic conditions.
By increasing circulation and breaking-down scar tissue, shock wave therapy stimulates cell regeneration, promotes normal healing and rapid reduction of pain in order to restore normal function in the treated area.
· Whiplash and chronic neck pain
· Shoulder pain, e.g. calcific lesions of the rotator cuff and bony spurs
· Shin pain, tibial stress syndrome shin splints
· Achilles tendon pain, tendonitis
· Heel pain, plantar fasciitis (heel spurs)
· Knee pain, patellar tendonitis (jumper‘s knee)
· Elbow pain, Lateral Epicondylitis (tennis elbow) and Medial Epicondylitis (golfer‘s elbow)
What to expect during Shockwave Therapy treatment?
A coupling gel is applied to the treatment area where a hand held applicator will be placed. The applicator is moved in a circular motion over the pain region for the duration of the treatment. The shock waves are converted into sound energy once the kinetic energy hits the body’s immovable tissues.